CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Meet the Folks.

Usually in a relationship one of the most likely problems you will deal with are the parents, not yours, well not always, but theirs. In my past usually i have either loved the boyfriend and had major problems with the family, they hated me because i was screwing their baby boy (they could only assume the worst naturally )or I stayed in the dead end relationship for far too long because of the wonderful family. Isn't there some sort of happy medium, or just easier way? Yes, yes there is, or can be. When i first met Jamie's parents it was one morning way too early after one night and way too many drinks at the bar. He failed to mention their arrival and i woke to the adorable boyfriend of one week waking me with kisses and... come meet my parents. Shocked Face. What? is this some kind of sick joke? I am in my PJ's! The parents meeting should include, depending on the meeting place, cute and modest clothing, hair that didn't look like i just had sex, cute shoes and smell of fresh daises. This is how it is supposed to happen. instead i pulled on some longer pajama pants, i figured the booty shorts would make me look to much like a skank, not that that was too unavoidable at this point anyway, ran a few fingers threw my hair, nicely said hello and booked it for the coffee machine. This situation called for some serious caffeine. It was at this point I was terrified that immediately i was just another girl friend who would come and then go. The next day Jamie was at work and i was taking some time to myself to catch up on Americas next top model marathon on MTV, in PJ's at noon and suddenly a knock on the door. At the door is Jamie's sister, Janelle who i have met maybe twice at this point, I am then informed that she is there to bring me to lunch with the family, minus the boyfriend. Awkward, obviously can't say no so i pull myself together in five quick minutes and had brunch with mom, dad, Janelle and her fiance luche. Who does this happen to? Except that lunch went so well i was immediately in love with this family, uh oh, danger zone. Apparently i broke one of the major vices in a relationship, it is possible to love the man and the family. who knew? and yes after a week... i knew.

Next family adventure.... Living with mom and dad.

0 comments: