CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Main Thing.

Okay it has been FAR to long since i actually posted, and jesus with that last post i just might not have made it back! well i did, we've hit a bit of a rough patch and i've had my focus elsewhere. so lets start at about three weeks ago...

The monday after i wrote that last blog about hating my job etc... well come monday morning Julie, Jamies mom/my manager, recieved an email from our boss Tom, simply stating that my hours need to be cut from thrity five hours a week to fifteen. uh. cough cough. come again. WHAT? fifteen? It wouldn't even be possible for me to make rent on that, eight dollars an hour for fifteen hours a week? the man lives in an alternatie universe. So you can imagine what i did, left work early and filled out about ten applications, everywhere from starbucks to barnes and noble, pier one to target. anywhere that wasn't directly related to food and would give me decent hours. almost everywhere is on a "hiring freeze" so after that little reality check what was i to do next... well i didn't have much choice but to live out the next to weeks as planned. on vacation.

June twenty eighth was Jamie and I's one year anniversary. He was so sweet and planned a romantic get-a-way to my favorite Disney resort. the Animal Kingdom Lodge. We had such an amazing time, we didn't tell anyone we were in Orlando, which usually turns into a trap for us because we spend more time with other people than each other but this weekend was about us. We took the busses everywhere, we bummed around the parks and did everything that we wanted to do. We had an amazingly romantic anniversary dinner at the California Grille on top of the Contemporary Resort over looking Magic Kingdom. We Watched fireworks, played in the rain, laughed, loved and celebrated our love.

The morning after we came back from orlando my not so little brother Stockton flew into town. I can't even tell you how amazing it was to have him here, we did just about everything that our seven days together allowed us, we spent a few days in orlando, taking him to universal studios and played all day, put him in a stock car and sent him flying around a race track at 140 mph, dropped him from a 300 ft sky coaster, took him to animal kingdom to ride my favorite roller coaster, to eat at my all time favorite sushi resturant. We played everyday like we were kids again, we had to spend an entire day inside watching movies and playing mario party all day just to recover for the last few days of his stay. I was so sad to see him go, for several reasons, but my vacation was over, back to the real world.

So now, the real world. yeah it kinda sucks. but i'm working on it. I took a class over the weekend for my property management liscence which will be really great, it will take about six months to get my liscence. I recieved a phone call today from Jamies dad, John, who actually works for a management company, and helped me get into the field of property management in the first place. One of his junior accountans quit this morning and he's working on getting me the job. I spent all morning putting together my resume and think in the end it looks pretty good, i'd hire me :) all i know is that i feel like i'm standing on a pile of rocks which means it can only start to get better. hopefully i can land this job in the next week or two and start building my life in the direction i want to go in. I don't care who you are but fifteen hours a week at eight dollars an hour is pathetic, not even worth pretending to enjoy it. So i'm moving on, moving up and being happy. I love my life there are just a few kinks to be worked out. thats the important thing right? if i were all around miserable then i would need to make bigger changes. The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing.

mmm. crab cooker. :)

0 comments: